Wednesday, September 3, 2008

journal entry 1

I felt the need to respond because i received a note from my girlfriend who had recently moved back to Brazil for the summer.

in this letter to her i used a poetic type of genre.

I chose to write to her because i could not travel over and speak in person.

My purpose in writing this letter to her was to let her know that i still have feelings for and think about her all the time. I feel as if i did accomplish my goal of informing her.

I have been in a relationship with her for 2 years, and she would be the only audience to read the letter.

Thinking of this letter i wrote is different from others because this letter was a love letter. This was not an essay or a response to a prompt. I wrote my true feelings on that note that would be sent hundreds of miles away. Although one of the rhetorical situation i faced was that she might not have the same feelings as me, or if there is a greater audience than just her.

No comments: